Monday, February 2, 2009

Mamalicious Monday-A Punishment to Fit the Crime




Yesterday I went to the grand opening of Scrappin' Studio (or Station, can't remember), leaving Bart alone with all three boys for six hours.
When I got home, Bart told me of Jackson's crazy coloring spree...on our walls.
At least he'd used a pencil.
Today Jackson had to scrub and scrub two of the walls until all the pencil marks were gone. It was only two or three marks per wall, but still, I made him work and work and work. He scrubbed walls for half an hour. I'll do the rest later. The point was not to have him clean the walls (he's too little), the point was to make him see there is a consequence for his actions.
Now...I just need to figure out the consequence for the action of Bart not catching Jackson before he'd colored on SIX walls!

I am pleased to post this at The Gift Closet for Mamalicious Monday.

9 Words to brighten my day:

Heather said...

Too cute! Thanks so much for sharing & participating in Mamalicious Monday!! :)

Heather
www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com

The Awesome Rawsons said...

good grief six walls?!

Trish said...

thanks for signing up for my giveaway:) I can't really say if it will inspire him for certain, just because I never really read it (my phase did not last long-lol). I can say that I would THINK it will, it seems to be pretty packed full of a variety of topics.
Good luck and I like your blog:)
Trish

B. Accessorized said...

Go easy on Bart! My kids have colored on more surfaces than I can count without me knowing until way later. *sigh*

Colleen said...

lol...my husband always would yell at me if my son got into something...then one day my son got into the fish tank...literally...and I got to ask him what he was doing to let it happen.

ThriftyMommy said...

Good idea. I have my kids try to clean up what they did too. You have to teach them to take responsibility for their actions. They're too many people in this world that haven't been taught this lesson.

BTW, check your email for a surprise from me. :)

Amie Carlos said...

yeah seriously, as I was reading this I was thinking what is she going to do about her husband letting him color on the walls. I think you should now have him scrub the rest of the walls and take a picture of him doing just as you did with Jackson and post about his bad behavior too! J/ K

MommyRU said...

Bart must've been watching the exciting parts of Super Bowl! lol

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...Jackson. I love artistic kids...just not on walls. Maybe it's my fault...maybe he figured if you let your friend Karen could come over and paint on your walls, mom wouldn't mind a little pencil on the wall.
Karen