Thursday, February 19, 2009

Burns Supper


The blessing of the haggis...and the haggis itself.
Brennan with Little Leo!

The boys give haggis thumbs up.

Of course I can't make my boys try it without trying it myself.
David dancing a Scottish dance.

We attended the NE Scottish Heritage Society Burns Supper a few weeks ago with our friends, David, Rebecca, and Little Leo. We had a good time, even if we were squished in like sardines. Although I've attended many Scottish Heritage meetings in LA/MS, I had not been to any here, nor had I ever eaten haggis...until now! It actually didn't taste all that bad, though I don't think I will be eating it every day.

4 Words to brighten my day:

Lexi said...

How funny- My Uncle Bruce and Aunt Chris celebrate Burn's Night every year {long story short, Bruce is my Dad's half brother whom he just found out about a few years back. Bruce was adopted and none of the other kids in Dad's family knew about him}.

This year was the first year that he told me more about what exactly it was- in the past he would send me invitations to come up to Maine to their Burn's Night Feast but I was always like 'Wish we could but we can't, sorry'.

Maybe one year we'll get to go!

It does sound like fun although maybe not the part about the Haggis... I have to give you kudos for giving it a try- not sure I could even swallow a bite!

It looks like you had a fun time!

Jamie Hamilton said...

What in the world is haggis?

Anonymous said...

Umm Jessica, My name is Rebecca not Elizabeth. But we had a ton of fun and are very glad you came with. Maybe next year we can get Bart to try the Haggis

Jessica said...

SOOOOO sorry REBECCA. Thanks for pointing that out.