Sunday, December 28, 2008

And Suddenly I'm Almost Old...

Late last night I returned from a fun filled day of scrapbooking, eating, chatting with friends, and presents. I had a blast but I was very tired by the time I got home.
Well, when I got home, Brennan woke up to go potty and get a drink. I noticed his teeth for some reason...one of the ones on the bottom was crooked. I started to think he'd hit his mouth or something.
Then, I asked him to open his mouth. I wiggled...and the tooth wiggled back.
(Keep in mind I think loose teeth and lost teeth are some of the most disgusting things around.)
WHOA! I wondered aloud when did I become old enough to have a child old enough to be ready to lose teeth? Bart laughed at me and pointed out Brennan is 5 1/2 years old...prime tooth losing time.
But still, I sure didn't feel like an old lady until I realized my baby boy was about to lose his baby teeth and officially now and forever become a big boy.
Maybe I was just really tired from a fun filled day, maybe it's the last bits of baby hormones returning to normal in my system, but I sure felt OLD last night.

2 Words to brighten my day:

PapaJeff said...

You're not even thirty yet!! Don't even THINK about the "I'm so old" routine. I'm 55 and I ain't old yet, so you are still fresh as a daisy. So my oldest grandchile is about to lose a tooth. That's special:) Keep us posted!

Jeni said...

When I first started reading, I thought, "Brennan is too young to lose teeth!" I was just about to call Aaron over so I could offer some professional advice, but then stopped when you said he was almost six...SIX?! Wow. You are old:)