Friday, April 17, 2009

Death Cab Concert...last post for today...or so you think.

Before the concert.
At the concert. We were the first two chairs in box B, meaning we were on the side, but eight rows back. It was neat b/c we had a ton of room and it was very secluded so there weren't people breathing down your neck.
Intermission after Ra Ra Riot. I really enjoyed them, but the second band, Cold War Kids...made me want to vomit.
It wasn't until Death Cab started playing that I figured out putting my small camera on "candle" mode would take good pictures.
Oh, and remember how I was so bummed about not getting to take pictures b/c it was not allowed. Well, I brought the little camera, anyways, and after a TON of others were taking pictures, I figured "What the heck" and took some too.
Overall it was a good concert and a fun night out with Bart. Well, good except Cold War Kids. Sorry if you like them, I just can't stand the singers grating voice. If you are looking for a good band, check out Ra Ra Riot. I really liked them!

When was the last time you went to a concert and how did you go hear? If you could go to a concert now, who would you want to go see the most? Me...Jason Mraz (who is coming soon) or Jack Johnson. Man, I ♥ J.J.


6 Words to brighten my day:

Lexi said...

I'm glad you had a great time! And good for you for sneaking some pictures in!

Let's see, the only three concerts I've ever been to were Boys II Men which was a gift from my parents I think for my 16th birthday but I can't quite recall}.

Another one was for Blink 182 which turned into a giant mosh pit to the point that the band had to stop playing and scold the audience until they simmered down. One of my friends broke her finger at that concert.

The last one was for Young Dubliners which was a great time.

I had wanted to see Good Charlotte for a long time but now I think I am getting too old to go to some of the punk rock bands.

Funny enough, I would love to see Kenny Loggins- I love his music!

Jamie Hamilton said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Death Cab for Cutie.

I think the last concert I saw was 311 with Joe and Brent and Aaron M (I think poor Jeni had to work).

Lexi's broken finger comment reminded me of a particularly rowdy concert that I attended once at LSU. It was Grovin' on the Grounds and it was either when Our Lady Peace was performing or that Dave Matthew's cover band (not even a punk band or any thing that might rightfully insight violent dancing) and there was a group of intoxicated folks getting into the music a little too much that ran into Holly and Jenn E. several times. I thought for a minute that it might turn into a fight (provoked of course by the drunkards). We kept trying to get away from them but they kept turning up.

As for who I'd like to see: I'd also love to see Jack Johnson or maybe Ben Harper.

-Veronica said...

Great color on you!

MommyRU said...

I honestly have no idea who I'd be willing to pay good money to see snymore..my last concert was Dora LIVE! lol
I've seen a spanish rock band by the name of "Mana" about 8 times...I love them..so MAYBE I'd see them again...they seem to do lots of collaborative work lately, like with Shakira, Carlos Santana, etc., though, so Idk if they are touring.
Yesterday I was pleased to find that my little Nanna is not into the rock scene (yet)...it was prom night at Millard West, so when we stopped at Hyvee it was jam-packed with teens picking up corsages, energy drinks, etc. A small group of boys was walking out when we were and one of them starting singing a Rob Zombie song in the crazy kinda scary metal voice..you know the one..and she turns to me and says "I don't like those people..I think they can bite me!"

Dawne said...

I'm so jealous! I'm glad you had a great time :)

Dawne said...

I forgot to post my last concert. It was in October, I think, and Ryan and I went to see Local H at a bar in Omaha. I had such a great time!