Friday, November 16, 2007

My Budding Artist



For the longest time, Brennan has shown no interest in drawing, coloring, painting, etc. He has tons of coloring books and drawing pads, lots of neat colors and markers, but still, he has not been interested.
Well, since he started preschool, that has changed. He has started to draw and loves to draw groups of people, like his entire preschool class . Today he took his Spongebob Squarepants toy from Burger King, got out his markers and paper on his own, sat down and drew S.B. I was so proud of him.
The second picture is one he did at preschool yesterday. He was at the art center and had to use stencils. The teacher is really big on how stencils help build a kids confidence and all that. Anyways, he colored in the entire tiger (something we still are working on, filling in the entire space) and a 'beautiful' background as well.
Now, he is no Cana Brumfield (that girl has some crazy talent!) or Picasso, but I'm still proud of my little Brennan!

3 Words to brighten my day:

Jamie Hamilton said...

All of the beautiful blue background around the tiger makes the tiger look like Mike in his new home that has a nice big pond.

That is an exceptional Sponge Bob!

Lexi said...

Oh my goodness- I must tell you that I didn't read the post or look at the caption before I thought 'That looks like Sponge Bob!'. Cool pictures buddy!

Lorin and Heather said...

Those are awesome!!! He writes his name so well.