Friday, May 20, 2011

Field Day

I really do like field day.
Getting the kids excited for whatever silly sport you are in charge of (croquet hockey), seeing kids I've gotten to know excited to have fun, spending a few minutes with Brennan when his class comes through.
Oh, and let us not forget the municipal whistle!  What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?  And I've got some crazy mad whistle blowing skillz, yo!

This sign hangs on the back of Bren's school...what the heck prompted the need to make this sign I wonder?

It as the second to the last group that came through...the special ed preschool class...when I (along with them) figured out how I had on two very different shoes!  It did not bother me at all...until I knew they weren't the same, then I could barely tolerate walking in them!

Bren asked me to quit embarrassing him...I was having the kids do stretches after the races to waste time and he didn't want to play so I called him out on it :)
The kids doing static stretches after the races...before I had them hopping from one foot to the next, shaking their arms, practicing their hockey swing.  They all were laughing and having a good time, so I think it was a success.  (NOTE:  Brennan not doing it)




This year field day was postponed due to a bad storm that came through the night before (and I was not going to attend) but since it was postponed, and Bart had back issues, I was able to go!
Only down side?  The MAJOR sunburn I got on my neck!  Arms were fine from a spray sunscreen, face was lightly burned, but the neck...man alive...OUCH!
Today is the last day of school for OPS...meaning I will have a THIRD GRADER and a KINDERGARTENER next school year!  Yikes how time has flown by!

1 Words to brighten my day:

PapaJeff said...

Looks like a fun day! And the pink whistle is really sharp:).