Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hidden in Plain Sight (almost)

BIT at Panera
Last week, during spring break, we did a lot of fun activities.


Bart as an astronaut at the museum
Hartland BBQ.  Delish
Raising Canes....YUM.
We hosted a sleep over on Sunday night, went to a class at Panera (which was fabulous, the general manager of the store taught it and she did a great job!) on Monday, went to Lincoln to Raisin' Canes and their awesome children's museum on Tuesday, Brennan slept over at his friends that night so we ate at Hartland BBQ on our way home from dropping him off (54/Maple!  Go eat there, kids are free!), Wednesday we went to Camelot Community Center to babysit for my friend who teaches yoga there, Thursday we were supposed to go swimming at Kids Body Shop (but a fever from Jack kept us home) and Friday the boys went to a play date at W and A's house while Ethan and I grocery shopped.  BUSY week.  Oh, and did I mention it SNOWED!  For TWO days!  (Though it is all melted now, thank goodness...but it snowed yesterday as well!)
BUT...there was a lot of down time.
And a lot of Jessica working on craft fair stuff time.
So, there was a lot of video game "party" time (I don't know why the boys always call it that).
This week, I decided I could not handle it for ONE.MORE.MINUTE.
Monday morning I woke up to find the boys playing their DS's in the BED!
I took them and after threatening to throw them in the trash forever if either guilty boy murmured ONE complaint about not being able to "save" their game.  I've learned that means at least five minutes of play time, I get distracted, they keep playing, and 20 minutes later they are still playing!
So, I put them up.  And not in any of our "usual" hiding places, all of which the boys have discovered.
Jackson practicing his "dance moves" while at Hartland
Nope.  I hid it in my "Sunday" bag...and they are just about in plain sight!  Yep, on the "arm" dining room table chair, sitting there.  And since Brennan does not know there is a pack of cinnamon chewing gum in there, it should be safe.
My poor flowers, Saturday morning.
And, life is calm, peaceful, and quiet once again.
I am thinking I'll keep them hidden for a while.  Because life with no video games sure is the good life...for a while...but I know I'll need those "babysitters" again, lol.

1 Words to brighten my day:

PapaJeff said...

Good hide! You're pretty tricky - must have had great teachers:)!