Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Eve

I am the mother of three boys.
For a crafty lady, this can cause some distress.
For a mother who likes to dress her kids "fancy", it can cause some distress.
For Valentine's Day, some mamas got to put this in their daughters hair:


Some mamas got to dress their daughters in adorable tutus like this:
 (Both items for sale on etsy, if you are interested...hope those crafters don't mind I borrowed their pictures...there are links to purchase those items though, so in a way it is free advertising.)
Me, well, I have to be creative.
So, I made the boys conversation heart bow ties.  SO STINKIN' CUTE.  (but for some reason I don't have a picture of them, but you can imagine a box of conversation hearts dumped onto fabric)
Then, my friend LeeAnn gave me the link to boy dress ties and I am HOOKED.
And, to make up for the fact that my BOYS don't get to dress all frilly and sassy for frivioulous holidays, I made them dress ties for church today.
And I just about died with how cute they were.
Especially Ethan.
With his mohawk.
OMG.





It might not be ribbons and bows, but my goodness, I wanted to just eat them up they were so stinking cute.
Yeah, it's bragging because I made those (Boys and Ties, lol) but hey, a mom who only gets to dress her kids up cute on rare occasions because tutus and hairbows are frowned upon in the LDS religion on little boys, can brag all she wants.

What do you do to make your LITTLE DUDES look special on those fun holidays?