Friday, June 29, 2007

Brennan and Conner have a party!


Today Brennan and his new buddy, Conner, got down and dirty and partied hardy! Kasey (Conner's mom) and I invited all the kids from church to the Orchard Sprinkle Park for a casual, wet birthday play date. Everybody seemed to have a great time, going from sprinklers to the park (and sand) and back. I think everybody carted home a few extra pounds of sand, but that's okay, more for our sandboxes at home.
Instead of cake (you know, cake+sand=disaster) we had cookies...lots of cookies. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sugar Cookies in a variety of fun shapes and colors (who wants to eat a round sugar cookie?), and Oatmeal M&M cookies were all a big hit. Overall, I'd say the party was a success...but how can you go wrong when mixing sun+sugar+kids+water???? It's a recipe for a 'super rad' party waiting to happen.

Chocolate Chip/Peanut Butter Cookies

Mix in a bowl: 1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
Add & stir:
⅔ cup melted butter (or margarine)
Add & stir:
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
⅔ cup peanut butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
Add & stir:
2 ½ cups flour
Add & stir:
¾ bag of chocolate chip cookies
Drop by the spoonful on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Tips: Sometimes I use chunky, but you can use creamy peanut butter as well. Don’t overdo the chocolatechips or it is too much. Mix it by hand instead of with a mixer or the cookies don’t come out right.

(Just look at Jackson's face for proof of how yummy these things are!)
Thanks Kasey for the great recipe!

1 Words to brighten my day:

Lexi said...

I wish Troy liked peanut butter cookies. Everytime I get a craving for some he always says that I can make them if I want which is basically boy code for- ewww... I don't want any of those! And while I could just make them for myself, that also means that I could just as well ingest the whole batch. Looks like I'll have to wait till the next potluck to try out these bad boys. They sound delish!