Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Beginning of the End

We did it. No more bottles, no more pacifiers. It is a bittersweet moment for us. On the one hand we are glad that Jackson is growing up, becoming independent, and not needing so much care. On the other hand, our little baby is now a toddler. Pretty soon he will be talking and saying, "No Mommy, water guns NEED water" and "Daddy, swing me higher!" It's amazing to watch our tiny baby blossom into such a sweet little boy. It's hard to look at a newborn baby and remember Jackson ever being that small and delicate, but he was, I have pictures and scrapbooks and videos to prove it. Times like these remind you to sit back and enjoy the little things, like Jackson watching a bug crawl on the sidewalk or playing peek-a-boo with his favorite blanket. My favorite is when Jackson snuggles with me and looks up at me with a smile that seems to say, "Mommy, I love you forever."

0 Words to brighten my day: