Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

This is how Jackson ended his night...sick and on the couch. Yes, that is a 15 inch cake pan. No, I've never used it and figured I'd be safe to let Jackson use it.

But the day started out just fine and dandy, with the Mario Brothers and Toadstool happy as clams as we prepared to go to a party.

Toadstool was just adorable...I made his hat with a circle of cardboard, 1/2 a yard of cheap white fleeve, and a LOT of hot glue :)



Luigi, aka Jackson, was very upset when he got sick at the party and was told he would be unable to go trick or treating when we got home...but then he watched Casper the Friendly Ghost while laying on the couch and fell asleep.
Mario, aka Brennan, was so sweet and would respond to people's question of "Where's Luigi?" with a sweet, "My brother's home sick and can't come."...that won him twice as much candy, which Brennan poured into one big bowl to share with Jackson...had they both gone, I think we'd be in a "good" candy meltdown b/c they wound up with a lot of candy (sure, Ethan did go TorT at a few house, but the rest is all Brennan)
So, how was your Halloween? Did your children get as much candy as in years past? Was there more "crappy" candy? Ours wasn't junkie...we didn't even get that many suckers or tootsie rolls...I guess the middle of Omaha is doing alright in these "hard economic times". :)















11 Words to brighten my day:

Lorin and Heather said...

Those costumes are so awesome!! Seriously, great job. Poor Jackson, I hope he gets to feeling better.

Cathi said...

Great costumes! We scored on the candy - hardly anyone was out so the people were dumping half their loot into the kids' bags - and it was the good candy! Woo-hoo!

Danielle said...

Pretty much all my kids got were the fun size candy bars. They were actually a little bummed that they traditional stuff like packets of candy corn, tootsie rolls, etc, were missing. I promised to pick up a bag of the cheapie stuff in the after halloween sales.

Love the costumes, and that's so sweet that Brennan did that for Jackson! Hope he's feeling better today.

Sarah said...

Tootsie Rolls are my favorite!! I was sad that the kids didn't collect many. Our neighborhood was kinda blah for this season...I'm trying to determine wether or not it's older families that don't want to treat the kids with kindness at the door or if it's mainly younger families and everyone was out trick or treating themselves. More than 75% of the doors we knocked on didn't answer...strange.

But, great night nonetheless!:) Hope Jackson feels better soon!!!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Your costumes turned out GREAT!

Kimberly said...

Too bad he got sick, but they looked so good! I love E's hat. The girls got loads of comments on their costumes this year and lots of candy. =)

Jamie Hamilton said...

Sick on Halloween night, I think that's every kid's worst nightmare! Poor kid.
We made out pretty good with the candy, too. I had to keep taking candy out of Allison's bucket and stuffing it into my pockets b/c she was overflowing. I'm bringing a back up bag next time. : )

Stephanie said...

Too cute! Hope your little guy is feeling better soon!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Those boys look AWESOME!!! What a great costume idea. Great job, mom.

Lexi said...

They looked fantastic! Mushroom Ethan was my favorite :-0

That sucks that Jackson was sick! Poor little guy. Hopefully he's feeling better!

There weren't many people giving out treats in our neighborhood- not sure if it's like that every year or what.

I love candy period. I'll even eat dark chocolate (which I'm not a big fan of) if I'm desperate. I'm just like Sarah- I love the tootsie rolls too! And everything else. :-0

Anonymous said...

What absolutely adorable costumes! You are one talented mama!!! We use wretch buckets when the boys feel sick. I wish I had you big cake pan. That is one heeping great wretch bucket!