Sunday, October 25, 2009

Adventures in Cloth Diapering, Part 8...the big brother changes a diaper

I wish I'd had my camera handy (or my new FLIP video camera that is coming in the mail this week!) to capture this moment.

I was about to change Ethan's diaper when Brennan comes up.

"Mom, can I do it?"

Me, thinking about it...this could be messy, it could be cute. It is definietly a skill he needs to learn to be a good husband one day.

"Okay Brennan, sure."

I mean...seriously, who says NO to a free diaper change?

Brennan pulls off the snaps of the Blueberry, removes the diaper, wipes Ethan up (with guidance on where to wipe. Bren says, "But he's not dirty!"), and puts the dirty diaper in the wetbag.

Then, Brennan (with me holding Ethan's hinny in the air) gently puts the new diaper (this one a BumGenius with velcro) under his bum. Once he feels it is positioned just so (and just in the knick of time...Ethan was getting restless with his body raised in the air), he covers the front, pulls the velcro tabs and declares himself done.

Not bad for a six year old, I only discreetly tightened one side a tiny bit.

Brennan has grown up so much this past year. He's always been a good big brother but lately he is turning into a GREAT one. And one who likes cloth diapers, I might add.

Now, if only I could train Jackson to stuff clean diapers, I'd have it made!


2 Words to brighten my day:

Lexi said...

Now the question is, if it was a stinky #2 would you still let him do it? ;-)

That's great that he likes to help out. I'm hoping as Peyton gets older that he'll be a little more interested in 'baby girt'. He likes to hold her occasionally but usually not for long. But I'd have to say, if he were offering a free diaper change, I might just have to take him up on it too!

MommyRU said...

That's so wonderful! I really love how you think of things like "this will help make him a good husband one day" ...you are too sweet! And funny to boot!