Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Getting My Craft On

This past summer, our basement shower had some "issues"...it flooded and caused the two storage containers I had stored in the shower (no one uses the basement shower, so it is a logical storage spot, really!) to mildew and ruin.
In one box was stuff we didn't need or use anyway (you all KNOW you have those boxes, too) so it quickly went into the trash. The other was a box full of my fall decorating items...scarecrow table runners, Halloween curtains (yep, I am that much of a dork) I made, stuffed pumpkins, treat bags bought on clearance for pennies. All of it ruined.


And now, it is fall and I am really missing my scarecrows and pumpkins and fabulously glittered Martha Stewart Halloween banner. Even my wooden blocks I had just made for last Halloween were goners.

Now I am at square one. This is kind of exciting because it means I can create new items, using the many tutorials and demos online, plus the ideas I've collected in my "crafting" file on my computer and in my scrapbooking stuff.

So, I just wanted to say, "Thank you" to all of you bloggers who are sharing a plethora of ideas online. I also want to ask...please stop posting! I have got more ideas to create then I have time to do it or money to use to create them.

Thank you for understanding.

For those of you who care, here are three pictures from Halloween past. Just b/c I want to share.


Bart's fantastic family...
Brennan's first Halloween...he was a pirate.Jackson the Jack'o lantern and Jessie the CAT. Bart made fun of my outfit...I wore black clothes and had on a cat ear headband.

3 Words to brighten my day:

MommyRU said...

Cute, cute, cute pics..and hey, isn't Bart's family by extension your family?!?

MommyRU said...

Cute, cute, cute pics..and hey, isn't Bart's family by extension your family?!?

Lexi said...

OH man. I'm sorry your Fall stuff didn't survive! That's a bummer.