Sunday, March 11, 2012

Proof

Friday was a nice day so the kids and I headed to the park in our neighborhood to meet some friends and burn a little energy.  It was parent/teacher conference day so the kids were out of school.

Brennan rode his bike to the park and was riding around the park, playing under the trees, exploring, etc.  I didn't think anything of it as I could see him the whole time and the street is really slow, so I felt he was very safe.

It wasn't until I got home that I learned there were things for me to worry about.

Here is how the conversation with Brennan went:

B:  Mom, I have PROOF that Spanish Explorers were in Omaha.

J:  Oh, yeah, how do you have proof?
B (Pulls something from his pocket):  Because I found one of their bottles!

And what was that a bottle of?

JOSE CUERVO ESPECIAL in hotel bottle form.

My "gifted and talented" clueless child took a dirty bottle with Spanish words on it and drew the conclusion NOT that some teens were hanging out drinking bottles of alcohol they stole from their old granny, but that the dirty bottle was PROOF of Spanish explorers, or Spanish conquistadors if you will, roamed the park far before we ever did.

I hope he never loses his sense of wonder and thinking outside the box...but I sure as heck hope he breaks the bad habit of being a scavenger...because that is not the only thing he brought home from that park that day...but that is a blog post for another day.




 

0 Words to brighten my day: