Thursday, August 26, 2010

Confetti Creations is LIVE!

Well, for a few months now, I've been tossing around an idea.  It's been in the back of my mind, and the more I thought about it (as I drove the L.O.N.G. car trips from NE to LA, LA to TX, TX to LA, LA to NE, and then NE to LA all within a two week time frame) the more I wanted to do it.

One of last week's many cakes I created.

"It" all started when I was at an ICES Day of Sharing in San Antonio with my mom.  We pulled into the parking lot and EVERYBODY has their "brand" on their cars.  I thought, "I want that on the back of MY car-that-looks-like-it-had-sex-with-a-mini-van-and-made-a-mini-station-wagon-baby window".

But then I thought, "IWISHTHATIHADJESSIESCAKES.BLOGSPOT.COM is just too long.  And what about the other stuff I do?"  I like making shirts, banners, etc.  So I thought, should I put IWISHTHATIHADJESSIESCAKES.BLOGSPOT.COM and WWW.ETSY.COM/LITTLEDUDEDUDS on the back of my car window?  It'd be a great sun shade for when the boys sit in the way back, right?

So, long story short, I drove everyone insane with questions about what I could name my "brand".  Finally, after weeks and weeks of pondering different names, pestering different friends, and much tossing and turning, I decided on Confetti Creations!

So, without further ado, here is the link to my NEW blog (that will be my main site) for all things crafty, cakey, and anything else I think of doing for profit :)  WWW.CONFETTICREATIONSBYJESSICA.COM

Karen Wolcott is working on the logo...I'm pretty excited with the few suggestions she's thrown out and can hardly wait to see a sketch :)  She's the same friend who did my blog header.  LOVE HER WORK!

So, go check it out if you want to.  There is also a facebook fan page (with an appliqued tee giveaway when I reach 100 LIKES...gave away a not yet released Halloween iron on at 50) and an etsy shop.  Be on the lookout as these sites grow.  I will be closing Little Dude Duds and transferring all my goodness to my new etsy shop slowly but surely...(not much in LDD right now...every listing but one expired while I was on vacation).

Thanks for listening to me ramble!  I'm just so excited for my car's window!  And feel free to spread the love.  Soon (beginning of October) there will be giveaways on my site.  For now, I will leave the giveaways on facebook only...I've got a craft fair to get ready for!

0 Words to brighten my day: