Thursday, June 26, 2008

Has It been FIVE years?

It's hard to believe that THIS...















Turned into THIS!










Brennan was born on June 26, 2003 at 12:54 (or 56, I can't remember!) in the afternoon. We had a list of names, but none we loved, so he came into the world as "Baby Boy Remington" (and the doc. had said it was probably a girl). Because I was a "Days of Our Lives" fan, I kind of wanted to name him Brady or Sammy or Lucus or something along those lines b/c he was born at the end of the show...Bart didn't agree.
We had a mini-circus in the room as Brennan was born, with the doctor, a nurse, a nurse in training, me, Bart, Grandma Linda, Aunt Jeni (on her cell phone with my dad in Kuwait), and Aunt Jamie all there to welcome this handsome boy into our family. Looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way (except less phone calls to Kuwait!)
Brennan was a very easy baby to deal with, other then never wanting to take a bottle! We have been extremely blessed to have him in our lives and I have been blessed to be able to stay home with him. (Who really needs a cell phone, cable, or two cars, anyways???) I can hardly believe that in a few short weeks he will enter the world of kindergarten and start to lose a little more of that sweet innocent charm that he has. I am grateful to have been given these past five years to share with him, and I can't wait for the next bit of forever.
Brennan, Happy Birthday and I Love You!!!!

5 Words to brighten my day:

Lorin and Heather said...

Happy Birthday Brennan!!!

Whitney Leigh said...

Happy Birthday Brennan!! Today is my brother Clint's birthday, too. It's a small world!!

Destination Davis said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Brennan, dear! We love you! Yeah for the big Kindergarten Kid! Hooray!!

PapaJeff said...

Happy Birthday, Brennan!!

And as far as the phone call - it was FROM Kuwait, not TO Kuwait. I realize you were drugged up at the time, but you've had 5 years to get the facts straight! I'm glad I was able to participate via long distance, even if it did steal a little of your thunder at the time:)

As far as the going from this to this - just wait, Baby - it gets even better:) But sometimes I get really sad that all 4 of my babies are grown. I miss the cute little kids, even though I love the great adults you all have grown up into.

Dawne said...

Those pictures make me smile and feel sad at the same time. Babies grow so fast!