Sunday, July 8, 2007

Brennan's first talk


Photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Brennan gave his first primary talk today. Unlike me, when I was a sunbeam, he kept all his clothes on and down (I raised my dress over my head). The topic was "My family can follow Jesus Christ in faith." and the weekly principle was "The first member of my family to join the Church followed Jesus Christ in faith. I can learn about my family history."
The following is what he said because you may not be able to hear him. (Yes, I am a dork and had Bart video tape Brennan practicing before Primary started) Brennan called his Grandpa Jeff and asked him the questions himself (as they were whispered to him), as I wrote down the answers.
This is my grandpa, Jeff McClure. He is the first person in my family on the McClure side to join the church. He was baptized on May 17, 1975 in Heidelberg, Germany while he was serving in the Army.
My Papa Jeff says his baptism was very special. Many friends were there and so was the Holy Ghost.
My Papa Jeff follows Jesus Christ in faith by obeying the commandments, being nice to his family and others, and by always going to church.
I am glad my grandpa sets a good example for me and my family to follow.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 Words to brighten my day:

Lexi said...

That was the cutest! I love how every time he said, "Papa Jeff" his voice would get louder with pride for his grandpa. Great job Brennan! You'll have to give Peyton some tips for his first talk!