Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Want Cake





I watched my mom torte and prepare about ten cakes for this weekend today, sat through her decorating one, taste-tested her new white chocolate cream cheese frosting, and I even delivered one birthday cake myself.
Now, I am sitting in a quiet living room (the satelite is down because the construction crew hasn't rehung it yet...boo) wishing I had a piece of cake.
The irony of it all. I can hardly stand knowing there is a perfectly good Italian Cream Cake in the freezer in the next room, waiting to be decorated tomorrow, and there is nothing I can do about it, but sit here and be distracted with the tempting aromas from the kitchen and the knowledge of good and evil in the freezer. Will Power, be my friend, because we all know I don't need some cake, just want it.

3 Words to brighten my day:

Lexi said...

Those cakes are masterpieces! I don't know how you don't succumb to the cake temptation lurking in the kitchen- there might be little nibbles missing here or there if I was around (What?! Oh that piece just fell off and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I just ate it! Clever of me, right?). It sounds like you've been having a good visit. No chance of you moving back anytime soon, huh? Because I need a partner in crime! Pssst- my email address is: silvermoonbeam1979@yahoo.com
Also- that 80's party is being put on by second ward the same night as mom's night out. I was going to go to the mom shindig- but Troy wants to tag along for the party and seeing how we'll probably have Peyton too I'm pretty sure I won't be dragging them to the mom's get-together. Maybe you could rock out 80's style too- although I know you've already promised to show up- and who am I to say I'd miss you too. Anyway, if I don't see you in person again-I'll definitely be seeing you on the ol' blog at least! Sheesh I just wrote a book on your blog... better go!

Jessica said...

my email address is: theremingtons@cox.net
that stinks about the 80's night being the same night as the mom's night...maybe i could do BOTH! i guess cathi didn't know about the br2 activity or something. i'd love to rock out 80's style (i've been watching VH-1's "I Love the 80's) but i don't have any 'stuff'. maybe i can go to a thrift shop or raid some people's closets from my mom's ward. most of what they wear is authientic to the 80's. oh, and it is very hard to keep my fingers out. luckily, my mom cuts the tops of the cakes off so they are perfectly flat, and we get to eat that with the left over icing. it's just that she had already thrown away the tops! next time i know to save them til later.

Jeni said...

Impressive cakes...your mom should do the Food Network Challenges on cake decorating. I bet she'd have a good chance!