Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sew, what did you do today?

Today I finished the "window treatment" (fancy words for sheers that I rolled hemmed the bottom of and valance I didn't even serger) for the dining room. I did the sheers Sunday and the valance this morning.
Total it cost me about $7 to complete. The sheer was on sale for $1 a yard at Hancock's a while back and the valance fabric was found on clearance sale at WalMart for pennies on the dollar. I got enough to make valances for both sets of windows in the living/dining area and coordinating fabric for...pillows? Mattes for frames? a throw blanket? We will see...
I was very excited to find this fabric because it goes so well with our couch and rug. Then, when I painted the dining room a light sea green turquoise-y color, it was the perfect addition.
Tonight I think I will finish painting the storage unit I want to put in the dining room corner to store my sewing machine and cricut and stuff in so it is easily accessible without having to go to the basement and at the same time hidden from tiny hands.

I also (during naptime) made Jackson a pair of SpiderMan p.j. pants. I stole found this fabric in my mom's fabric shop, along with Buzz Lightyear, Bob the Builder, and various prints for other projects for winter. There is enough SpiderMan fabric to make all three boys matching p.j. pants. Won't they be so cute when we go visit Brian and Kyra in Ohio and they are all matchy? I wonder if "matching yellow shirts" falls under the "necessary for now" category? I am trying to save money, so I might make due with NOT matchy tee shirts for sleeping. :( UNLESS someone wants to GIVE me matchy yellow or red shirts...
Once I make B and E's pants, I'll post a picture of the finished product and once I paint the bookcase thingie, I will post pictures of the dining room, though I just don't see me painting the chairs a really nice rich turquoise any time soon. Too many other projects are in front of that one.

3 Words to brighten my day:

Dawne said...

Pictures, pictures! I want to see :)

Jeni said...

Busy girl! I have a lot of sewing projects I need to start. Blessing outfit for our baby boy (if I don't start now, it won't get finished for February:), Halloween costume for Calyn, and new baby blankets, etc. that don't have PINK in them:)

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Yes, I want to see the finished product. Today I started teaching myself how to crochet. We'll see where this goes...