Tuesday, July 15, 2008

All Aboard!

Brennan and Jackson with their conductor hats and fingerprint train crafts.

Last Saturday, we took part in Omaha's Railroad Days. For $10, our entire family was granted admission to four local museums and Lauritzen Garden. All of the museums in some way related to trains, but we only went to Lauritzen Gardens and the Durham Heritage Museum. That was enough to fill the entire day. Trolleys and buses provided transportation between all of the sites, so you didn't have to waste time/gas driving from site to site. It was very well organized and a lot of fun. I think we will go back next year, esp. since for us to get into Durham Heritage Museum would cost $20!. To see more pictures from Saturday, click here.
Jackson was very funny at this event because he kept yelling, "All Aboard!", esp. as we boarded the small train that took us on a ride around the gardens. (even that was free!) Brennan says his favorite part was the crafts and getting mud all over himself and Jack (on accident...I think) Mine was watching the two boys get so excited over so many different things.

Today we went to Chuck E. Cheese with MOM. Click here for the pictures with captions. The boys surprised me by eating two pieces of pizza...each. If you know my boys, you know this is a new development.
We love C.E.C. because all games are one token and one token is only .25! Then if you use coupons (like I do), you can get tokens for 12.5 cents each...I saw a coupon for signing up online to get 100 tokens for $10...I am going to do that soon! Of course, I know it isn't nearly as cool as Amazing Pizza Machine, but I like spending less then $5 and having an entire morning of fun with my boys and our friends.

3 Words to brighten my day:

Jenn said...

That was the best feeling to get all those tickets out of the machines. I love Chuck E Cheese. I hope I feel the same way when I go with my one day kids. Looks like yall had a good time! Love the engineer hats... cute cute cute. They will love you for that one day :O

Diana said...

love the pics!
what mall is it that the other pics are from? I haven't seen that one.

Jessica said...

do you mean where they are playing the game and turning in tickets? that is chuck e. cheese. we haven't been to a mall in forever.