Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New York! New York!




Today, while I battle with two extremely tired and cranky children, Bart gets to play around New York City. I get to cook dinner for the three of us, he gets to dine with clients and put it all on a corporate card. I get to watch t.v. alone, Bart gets to sleep at a 5 star hotel.

Oh, how unfair life is sometimes.

But then again, I don't have to make a huge presentation in front of a room of strangers tomorrow (though I do have jury duty), I didn't have to work a ton of UNPAID (gotta hate salary sometimes) overtime to complete "the deck" last week, and I didn't have to fly out of Omaha at 5:45 a.m. (though the boys and I did have to get up then and drive him to the airport and I got to listen to Jack cry and cry as we left...he wanted to go fly, too!)

I guess it all equals out in the end.

3 Words to brighten my day:

PapaJeff said...

Look on the bright side - you don't have to fly and go through those airport security inspections, you don't have to worry about New York traffic, or rude New Yorkers, etc, etc. And you get to spend time with my 2 and 8/9th grandsons!!! SWEET:)

Maren said...

Here's a plus...if Bart loves it up there, he'll be so excited when he comes home that he'll want you both to go back together some day. Oh how I wish Brad and I could go every year. I heart NYC.

Lori O said...

I feel your pain. Jeff is spending the next two weeks in Seattle (he spent the last two in Guatemala) where he doesn't have to cook anything, clean anything or listen to anything cry. He would never survive my job.