Friday, October 10, 2008

Flu Shots, Round Two

Today, I got the dreaded flu shot. It was actually the first thing out of the nurse's mouth, "Are you interested in getting a flu shot today? We recommend it for pregnant women at all stages."
And I'd been hoping I'd forget to ask and then I'd postpone getting one.
Ouch is all I have to say.
The nurse asked which arm I preferred.
Really, I don't prefer either, but since they do NOT have the flu mist, then I guess pick a side, any side...
Ouch.
It burned.
A lot.
But now I am fine and hopefully my ten seconds of extreme pain and agony will benefit me in the long run.

4 Words to brighten my day:

PapaJeff said...

What a wuss!! I thought I raised you tougher than that:) I've had to get a flu shot pretty much every year since 1973, and some REALLY bad shots before some deployments. I was going to get the mist last year but the snotty medic told me it wasn't effective for "those over 50". So here came the shot. But this year my Dr in Baton Rouge gave me the mist!! Yippee!!! Now we'll just have to wait and see if it works.

Just kidding about the wuss stuff.. I feel your pain, and know the hassle of holding kids down for shots.

Cathi said...

You are so much braver than me! I've never gotten a flu shot and hope I never will, although I make my kids get one every year. David gets the flu when he gets the shot and I'm afraid I'll react the same way. I am a big wuss!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

I prefer all shots to be directed to my butt. There's more fat than in the arm to cushion the needle. I don't care how weird it is to have a stranger poking my badonkadonk.

Doobie Star said...

You're a brave Mama!!! They're basically going to have to get a nurse to hold me down!!