Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Life and Times of MawMaw Shirley Falgout


Bart's grandmother, Shirley Falgout, AKA MawMaw, or Miss MawMaw to me, passed away Monday, Dec. 10, 2007.
Although I had three grandmothers of my own(two now), Miss MawMaw was still somebody special for me. I was so happy that I was able to get to know her better as I took her to her monthly cumadin checks a few years ago. After we went to the doctor for that, we'd almost always go to Wal-Mart, so MawMaw could get "just a few things", which sometimes turned into a very full basket and a very long morning, but that was okay. Brennan's favorite part of those times with her, I think, was when she sent him home with a bag of grapes, cut in half, just for him.
Miss MawMaw was an excellent cook, as are all of her daughters, from what I can tell. She made roast and gravy that was amazing. I can see why Amy would eat it all. If I hadn't had better home training, I might have eaten it all, too!

She was the mother to ten children, and grandmother and great grandmother to a ton more. She had enough love for that many people, though, so she was perfect for the job.
So, we are all going to miss Miss MawMaw, but I know she is happy, reunited with her husband, PawPaw, and two of her children, Glenda and Jay. I know she's still going to keep an eye on us, though, so we better not start slacking off, but stay united as a family, strong and proud.




6 Words to brighten my day:

PapaJeff said...

Bart:

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma passing away. She was a sweet lady and I know you and your family will miss her. Remembering the fact that we are eternal and can be eternal families can be a comfort.

Lexi said...

I can see where Brennan got his adorable smile from! The third picture on the top (with Mawmaw's smile) and the picture on the bottom (Brennan with wide eyes) looks so similar! They both have super great smiles. It's nice that Brennan got to meet his Great Grandmother before she went home. Not many people can say they have- I know I can't.

Jeni said...

Our condolences to your family...

thecaillouets said...

i am so sorry about mawmaw. are ya'll coming up for her funeral? let me know and i will get our house ready fo on ya'll. also congrats on eight years. it doesn't seem nearly that long.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Sorry about your loss. She is the CUTEST little old lady EVER! She looks like she was a great woman.

Angelkris said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you find comfort in remembering the good times.