Sunday, August 3, 2008

Heat Wave

It's hot.

Really hot.

And the fabulous meteorologists around here won't let you forget it.

There are warnings on the top of the t.v. (99 degrees!), there are news break-ins, there are even gentle Christ-like proddings of "If you know someone without A/C, invite them over"...all from NE's best news desks.

Guess what?!? I KNOW IT IS HOT! I can tell by the way my A/C doesn't cool below 78 or by the extreme 'knock you on your butt' heat coming from my car. I can tell the way Bart is feeling bad and how the wading pool out back is now warm enough to boil spaghetti noodles. Surprise!

But thank you, Mr. Meteorologist. I know you are just doing your job and trying to win my audience from 5-5:30, and then again at 6 and 10. Thank you for informing me it is hot.

Without you, I might have just went to church in wool and snow boots today.


The good news? It is supposed to be 'down' to 83 or so by Friday!

5 Words to brighten my day:

Lexi said...

Holy smokes! I didn't know it got that hot up there! Geez Louise! I hope it gets cooler for you soon. Thank goodness you have A.C.
Yikes!

Kristen C said...

Wow that is really hot for there!!! It is really hot here too but that is just normal. I hope you guys can stay inside and wait it out!!!

Lorin and Heather said...

I totally feel for you. It was 108 here yesterday. It is supposed to be that way all week, yuck!!! Try and stay cool!!

Angelkris said...

We can only blame ourselves- global warming at all.

PapaJeff said...

Remember this with fondness in January and February. And don't worry - it will cool off pretty soon up there. It'll be hot here until October. But we won't have to shovel snow in January, either:)