Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Head and The Heart Rock Omaha



Bart and I got to go to a concert last Sunday night.  When we lived in Louisiana, we went to lots of concerts.  Since moving to Omaha, that was his third and my fourth.  Lame, I know!  It's not that Omaha doesn't have good bands come through on occasion, it is just that we have 3 kids and we are lazy about getting babysitters.

 But when Bart excitedly emailed me, telling me "THE BAND of 2011" was coming to Omaha and he really wanted to go, I knew it would make a great birthday gift (and it did!).

It was The Head and The Heart, with The Devil Whale (opener, WAY better then the youtube video makes them out to be) and Thao with The Get Down Stay Down .  Holy cowboy boots, is Thao a spunky chick.  She stomped up a storm and has GOT to have amazingly strong thighs if she rocks as hard as she did last Sunday night!



It was a SOLD OUT show, so I was really glad I'd gotten our tickets in AUGUST!

This show was so good.  The best part is that all three bands got together once during each performance and sang and rocked out all together...the chemistry between the three groups was great and it was really fun to be a part of it, even if it was from the third row, standing.  I don't know that I've ever went to a show where the bands did that, especially three times!  It was a hit and my favorite part of the show!

Since attending this concert (a huge THANK YOU to KM for babysitting), I've become drawn to my skinny jeans again, but have yet to try them on and see if they fit.  They probably will, but I guess I am waiting on my boots I bought for a killer deal (but at JCP when is it not a killer deal?) to come in the mail to go with them...although actually, now that I think of it, the girls had on dresses or black leggings and a big tee dress thing...the GUYS had on the skinny jeans and these peterpan hippy looking shoes.  I wonder if Bart could pull that off???

0 Words to brighten my day: