Friday, November 7, 2008

Jackson Update

Jackson went to his follow-up appointment this morning. He is doing much better. He walked into the appointment by himself (yesterday I had to carry him EVERYWHERE and he just moaned and cried!) and did fine. The nurse who walked us back today said she had seen him leaving yesterday and had thought, "That must be one sick little boy." How sad for my buddy.

Anyways, he is not contagious (after 24 hours on the antibiotics he is okay) and has been given a second oral antibiotic to cover the things the first antibiotic doesn't. Dr. Walters said he is good to go to church or play dates or whatever he is feeling up to doing. We'll see how he is come Sunday.

Last night he slept all night, only waking up around 5, crying that he wanted his Mickey Mouse sippy cup, not the one I had given him with water. Right now he is sleeping, because he is still very tired from feeling so bad for so long. I am about to go and join him...

I just hope that is the last time I have to see Dr. Walters until Fat Baby gets here (probably on 11/18 unless he happens to come before the scheduled induction...not likely) and starts his check-ups. I really like her, like I said, but I don't like my kids to be sick and so far this is the third time Jackson has had to go in since he got his flu shot, but the first time he's been sick (other times: Eczema and Strep Butt {whatever that was called})

4 Words to brighten my day:

Doobie Star said...

Glad to read that Jackson is doing much better! Sorry that he was sick. Hope you all have a restful weekend!

Dawne said...

I'm glad he's feeling better!

Lexi said...

I'm so happy things are looking up. I'm sure he'll be back to his ol' self in no time at all!

Jenn said...

Glad he's improving. I was a bit worried to hear the diagnosis. You just never know with that stuff. :)