One of the really cool thing about robots is that so many of them are "recycled"...bits and pieces of junk that nobody else wants and somebody figures out how to use them (think "Robots" the kids movie).
An etsy shop I found takes this idea to the max! Remnants-Recycled and Found Object Art by onlyRemnants.
When we got these little cuties in the mail, Jackson actually lined them up and had them watch t.v. with him (so yes, you are going to win something that Jackson played with a tiny bit. :) He walked them around and made them talk in robot voices. And then...I was a mean mommy, took them away, and hid them until his party. Then they got to come out and play and decorate the goodie bag table. They were the perfect finishing touch to that area, too.
On her shop: At Remnants, you will find art made mostly from recycled and found objects. About a year ago, I began experimenting with different objects and textures and have found that I like to make many different things--from mosaic artwork and frames to steampunk jewelry and robot sculptures.
So...go check out Remnants collection and see if there is a robot that needs to join your family! If robots aren't your thing, look through her steampunk jewelry...I want some!!!!
If you'd like to own the two itty bots pictured above, leave me a comment telling me your favorite item at Remnants!
Extra Entries: (leave a separate comment for each)
- Become a fan of Remnants by RJ on facebook.
- Follow the blog Remnants by RJ. Leave a comment on a post there and then in the comment here, tell me which post.
- Follow my blog (on the left)
- Post my button on your blog (leave a link so I can see it :)
- Follow me on Facebook (upper left corner)
- Follow me on twitter and tweet about the giveaway (jessremington...make sure to @jessremington the tweets so I know you did it...oh, and you can do this up to three times a day BUT it must be AT LEAST one hour between tweets.
- Share one thing you'd love to have a robot do for you, if you were smart enough to invent robots that could do all the work.