Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stair Stepper

Ethan is growing up so fast. A lot of people are sad to see their babies grow up, but not me. I much prefer the toddler/preschooler stage (even with its temper tantrums that come with it) to the baby who cries, shrieks and can't do things on his own stage. (oh, and poops in his diaper...I hate that part, too)

Recently (thanks to me letting him play with Hudson on the stairs at H's b.day party and E seeing how fun it was) Ethan has started to experiment more with the stairs. I used to be able to keep him away from the stairs with my ghetto gate, but he is now big/strong enough to push that large container out of the way and go as he pleases...usually right to the stairs. He climbs up fast as lightning and then heads to the bathroom to beat on the tub and scream at the top of his lungs, declaring his intentions of wanting a bath NOW.

This new "trick" makes me so nervous. I hate stairs and babies. I wish stairs came with airbags so when the baby fell down the stairs, he had a cushioned fall. Either that or a harness that could be hooked on him so when he got near the stairs, it was activated and caught him when he started to fall. (Think rock climber type contraption)

So far, he hasn't fallen down the large set of stairs, but he did fall down the shorter set onto ceramic tile. Talk about one fast moving mama to get him. If he ever did fall down the larger, longer set of stairs, I do believe I'd have to take him to the ER. Does DCPS understand toddlers exploring their limits and not listening to Mama when she says no? I sure hope so...so, for now, everybody pray that kid learns reverse as quickly as he's learned forward.


1 Words to brighten my day:

Lexi said...

Which reminds me that I really, really need to get baby gates for the stairs...soon!

Why is it babies are always attracted to the dangerous things? Chloe {just like Peyton was} is drawn to electrical wires.

I'm sure stairs aren't far behind...

Good luck with your mountain goat! :-)

Oh, and I'll see you SOON!!!

P.S. I made the bed up for you today because I was too excited to wait. I feel like I'm having a sleepover!