Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is that GRANDMA CUPCAKE!?!

My mom came to visit for a few days at the beginning of November.  Her visit was smack in the middle of craft fair prep and cake orders, but since I was SOOOOOOO prepared and she was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO helpful, it was easy as pie!  She even sewed a skirt for my friend Eliana's newest fashion line and gave some tips from a seasoned seamstress while she was at it.
We ate out for lunch both days:  Catina Laredo one day (YUM) and ingredient the next (Bart joined us that day).  We learned a new skill using the Silhouette.  But, we did not ONE TIME go to Dress Barn (Megan and my dad know what I am talking about).  I was a tiny bit disappointed.
My mom slept on an airbed in the basement (thanks RS) and didn't complain.  She's cool like that.
I think she planned her trip to be on November 1 on purpose:  She arrived one day after Halloween, right in the middle of Reese's and Snickers open season.
Next time she comes, she can sleep in Ethan's room, as he FINALLY got a "big boy bed" and will gladly give it up for Grandma.
Now, let me tell you this:  the boy did not know she was coming.  I checked them out of school about a half an hour early to get to the airport on time.  I told them that a client was coming for Dad's work and couldn't get a rental car b/c they were all rented (white lie...I need to repent for that).  Therefore, I had to go get the client.  We drove very slowly down the lane at the airport, them looking for a man in a brown suit with blond hair and a red bag, me for my mom.  When I spotted her I pulled over and got out my camera so I could film what happened.
It was really funny.  I said, "Oh, I see him!"
Brennan says, "Is that GRANDMA CUPCAKE?"
It was too funny to hear the disbelief in his voice.  The boys were very excited to see her, and I think we had a nice little visit.
Grandma Cupcake or Papa Jeff, feel free to come visit any time!
We love you!

0 Words to brighten my day: