I've been waiting for the group picture to blog about this, but since I don't have it yet, I figured I'd share a few quick things about the "big debut" of TOP SECRET at my ward's talent night. (Since I didn't write down a clever name, just "Top Secret" on the sign up sheet, that is how we were introduced...I kind of liked it, gave us a mysterious edge)
- There were four of us.
- We dressed up from the 80's....GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!
- I made straight tutus and we wore leggings under them.
- Our "Cindi", Stephanie, had a fabulous red outfit on, complete with a wacky blond wig we had chopped that morning.
- We had them turn the gym lights off for more of a WOW! factor. (Bart said that we really pulled that off)
- By turning off the gym lights, it made our tutus glow and since I did not have the foresight to sew underskirts into them, 2 of the 3 backup singers to Cindi Lauper appear to be NAKED from the waist down.
Now I don't know what to do. I recorded all the acts (I am co-chair of the events committee) to make a DVD of the night...trying to do something fun and different. If we leave our act off, I will be sad because we rocked that skit/lyp sync, but then again, if I put it on, that is really NOT living up to our theme of "What Happens at Benson Ward Talent Night STAYS at Benson Ward Talent Night".
I think I can convince the girls to sneak into the church, throw some sort of skirt on under our tutus (duh jessica) and record ours again...is that cheating or making it all right?
I uploaded the video onto the internet, but I am NOT sharing the link...I don't need my lily white half naked booty becoming a mega hit on Youtube, winding up on Tosh.0 and having me called in for a web redemption featuring Daniel Tosh himself...that is not a path I wish to walk along.
Or...do I just delete the video and act like it never happened???
Hopefully our group picture will come into my inbox soon and then I will share with you...see, it was the turning off of the gym lights that made us look so naked...not just the costumes themselves. ;)