Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Adventures in Cloth Diapering...#12, Be Prepared

When bringing a child who is naked except for a poo diaper (right after lunch) upstairs to change his Rumparooz diaper and put him down for nap...a word of advice: HAVE THE WIPES READY.

You never know when your child will decide his bum itches and he MUST scratch it, thus causing you to want to vomit because of the effects of said scratch. Not being prepared causes this action to have an even worse reaction because you cannot just grab a wipe and swipe the mess away quickly.

No, not having your wipes ready (and by ready I mean out of the jumbo 800 pack box you just bought at the store the day before), can cause the spread of grossness and requires a bath...for both child and mother. Because honestly, who feels clean after dealing with all that yuckiness?

So, take my advice. When leading a toddler to a diaper change, make sure ALL supplies are ready and waiting for you!

3 Words to brighten my day:

Kathy said...

Jessica, he is so cute I can hardly believe he is that much trouble! LOL I am so glad I am done with the diaper stage.

Lexi said...

I wish babies were born potty trained. Poop is so disgusting. Necessary, but disgusting. Although, I'd rather clean up poop any day than hear, smell or clean a child who is or has vomited. That makes my stomach heave-ho. We tried again this week to potty train Peyton but he is not having it. I think this child was born to teach me (and try) patience. It seems like a million light years from now when both children will be potty trained!

PapaJeff said...

I laughed so hard I almost peed!!! Life is so fair:). Always remember, Mommies, what goes round, comes round, so just keep in mind that their kids will do the same thing to them as they did to you and that you did to your mama:).