Friday, September 12, 2008

I was held hostage...

This evening I was held hostage, along with a 5 year old and 2 year old for one hour and 45 minutes in the car. In the rain. With no dinner. And no distractions (the batteries on the DS died about ten minutes into the hostage situation)

Then my husband calls back (he'd called at 5, as I pulled into work's drive, to say there was a little problem and he'd be 15 minutes or so).

"So, why don't you go on home and I'll call when this problem is finally fixed?" (he's at work and we're waiting.)

Oh, the joys of a one car family.

1 Words to brighten my day:

Jenn said...

You mean you are in the same situation as Markus and I? Yeah it sux. Oh and try having a Stake calling and your husband being on call (and needing the car) and you've got to be out of town. These women I serve with just don't get it. It makes the calling that much more frustrating. We won't even get into the work situation. I don't ever get anything accomplished because I've got to pick Markus' butt up everytime I blink. I'm over my old car (the one that is broke) I told him don't worry about getting it fixed, I'm going to donate it so we can write it off our freakin' taxes as a charity. It might do more good that sitting dormant in the garage. :) Sorry we both have to deal with this. haha!